Thursday 25 October 2007

Labyrinth

Well today the Chaplaincy at Uni have put on a Labyrinth. For those of you who don't know, more information is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinth basically it's like a maze, except that there is one path in and out and that it's easy to follow.

Recently, particularly following the Holiness Weekend at Pill, I've been thinking a lot about holiness. Even my daily reading today mentioned holiness as the "punchline".

On my path around the labyrinth my thoughts settled on this particular issue. One song kept trying to come into my head, but sadly I didn't know all the words, all I knew was "Take time to be holy".

As I sat reflecting in the middle of the labyrinth, it suddenly struck me that holiness takes time, and not necessarily my own. Just like salvation itself, holiness comes only from God. It is a gift to me. Holiness will happen in God's time, by his Power and as His will dictates. So I thanked God for His salvation and His holiness.

So on my way out of the labyrinth, another song came to my head (along with the first, still trying to break out) "Thank you for saving me, what can I say?" My response to that (all in my head, since a labyrinth is usually a quiet affair) was "Here's what I can say:
Take my life and let it be
Consecrated Lord to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise." (BTW: for those that don't know, this also is a song)

Praise God for what He has done for me. May I be set apart for him and may all my actions be used for His glory.

No comments: