Tuesday 3 November 2009

Google Wave

Sorry to those who follow my blog and are relatively normal... this is another geek post!

So I've discovered Google Wave and managed to get myself an invite (just like when Gmail started, this is still invite only). To sum it up really simply, this is a combination of E-mail, IM, Wiki and social networking. Basically you start a conversation (a wave) with other people and the content of that conversation changes - every member of the conversation can edit every part of that conversation!

It's pretty exciting, useful for communication and collaboration (provided, of course, that it takes off).

The thing is, I have 18 invites remaining and it's a bit boring (and pointless) if I have no one to talk to, so I'm looking to get some of my friends on board - especially people who are likely to use it to communicate a lot. If you want an invite, just let me know!

3 comments:

marco said...

Would be very grateful for a Google Wave invite. We could share our testing.... :)

xavier76 [at] gmail [dot] com

Unknown said...

Hi Marco.
I'm aiming to add friends and family first, so that I can test "real" communication, but I may be able to invite you in a few weeks depending on how many take me up on it.
However, it may be worth you trying to get one from Google - as an existing Google user you have a good chance. I went to wave.google.com, "applied" for an invitation and was granted one - you might be lucky enough to get one too!

Ann said...

I would say "yes please" Dave but I might see how you think its all going before doing that.... especially as all my 'communicating' in this way would be from here at work and I don't want the sack!
See you next week! x